A Crone with Cane

A Crone with Cane
The Crone

Saturday, July 3, 2010

To Everything A Season

Time Transfixed by Rene Magritte


Time is an imponderable that has been pondered often. Much has been written about it; including by me. I never realized how much I wrote about, but looking back at my old blog, I did, often.

The things I remember about being a very young child; I enjoyed.

I enjoyed being a young girl, a tweener, I really enjoyed being a full teenager. That's not to say I wasn't always pushing to move to the next phase too fast. I was.

Next phase; I loved being being a very young mother of young children, and then an older mother of teenagers, then an even older mother of young adults. You get the idea.

Then I became a very young grandmother. Wow is being a grandmother great. How will being a great grandmother be?

In spite of going through all these phases, and all these years; I still feel like the little girl who climbed the big willow tree behind our house to watch the world. So I really know that time plays games with us mere humans. But these past two months have really confounded me.

Things have been difficult; and I have had so much to do. But rather than time speeding by, I feel as if time has screeched to a halt. I look back at all of the things that have occurred in these two months & it seems as if it was 10 years ago. It feels as if each minute lasts a week. Time has transfixed.

1 comment: